Festival Mixtur, in collaboration with Fabra i Coats – Fàbrica de Creació, opens the application for the Workshop in Conducting Mixtur 2016 as part of the Festival Mixtur 2016, which will take place in Barcelona from April 21st to the 1st of May. The workshop will be directed by the conductor Rut Schereiner.The deadline for applying for the workshop is the 7th of December 2015.
EXTENDED THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION UNTIL EARLY 2016 - Check the details and apply to the Workshop in Conducting Mixtur 2016
The workshop will take place on April 21st and 22nd including the following activities:
- A first session focused on several technical and theoretical aspects: analysis of scores (formal, harmonic, melodic, etc.) and preparation of a rehearsal (anticipate potential problems and difficulties, accuracy, rhythm, balance) as well as the working on the gestures without any sound.
- A second session, more practical, putting special attention on the specific works in the program, as well as on space and timbre. The works to be studied in the second session will be:
- Ka, cinq poèmes musicaux (Urbana 7) by Luis Naón, specially the numbers I, II i IV.
- One work commissioned by the Festival Mixtur from the Open Call Mixtur 2016, which results will be published during December 2015.
- The rehearsal that Rut Schereiner will conduct for the concert of Ensemble Diagonal in the Festival Mixtur 2016, will be open to the students of the workshop.
- Master class with the resident composers of the Workshop on Composition and Sound Experimentation Mixtur 2016.
She is currently in charge of the orchestra conducting class in the Regional Conservatoire of Reims, and part of her job involves the conducting of the symphony orchestra. At present, she serves as artistic director of the Inextempo Orchestra, an orchestra composed of students from the University of Reims (Champagne Ardennes), the musical direction of which is led by students attending her conducting courses. She is also the artistic director of “l’ensemble diagonal”: a flexible group devoted to contemporary works.
- Active participants: 110€
- Participants listeners: 80€
Registration includes free access to all Festival Mixtur 2016 activities and concerts, for both active students and listeners, including the master classes of the Workshop on Composition and Sound Experimentation.
The organization will contact the selected participants during January 2016, asking them to confirm their registration by paying the fee and sending to email@example.com the certification of the money transfer. Failure to respond within the prescribed time limit will cause shifting the selection to the next participant of the waiting list.