Composition and Sound Experimenting Workshop 2016
Festival Mixtur colaborating with Fabra i Coats – Fàbrica de Creació, is opening a call for the Composition and Sound Experimenting Workshop as an attached activity to Barcelona´s Festival Mixtur that will take place from April 21st to May 1st 2016. The Composition and Sound Experimenting Workshop is adressed mainly to composers/sound artists students and profesionals of any age and nationality. The deadline for the applying is December 7th 2015.
The registration period for this workshop ended on December 7. Check all the details and apply to the Composition and Sound Experimenting Workshop
We are also counting on the following ensembles to colaborate on the Reading Session:
Also with the participation, in collaboration with L'Auditori, of:
- 1. An Individual class with a resident composer.
- Reading Session with one of the resident ensembles: scores and ideas proposed by participants will be developed there. Mixtur will assign the instruments to each selected active participant wich might be for a soloist or either a chamber ensemble. Finished works, pieces extracts or ideas to be developed will be accepted. Proposals of improvisation works with or without score will be also accepted. The context won´t be a concert because the aim is to work with musicians and encourage the exchanging of ideas.
- Each teacher will offer a Master Class for all students.
- Open space where students will be able to present their work to the rest of participants.
- Other activities and concerts from Festival Mixtur 2016 general program.
- Dates: April 20th to 23rd 2016.
- Resident Composers: Ondřej Adámek , Luís Naón and Mauricio Sotelo.
- Resident Ensembles: Ensemble Diagonal and Ensemble BCN 216.
- Dates: Abril 27th to 30th 2016.
- Resident Composers: Peter Ablinger, Benet Casablancas and Rebecca Saunders.
- Resident Ensembles: Dissonart Ensemble and Manufaktur für Aktuelle Musik.
- From all the dossiers received, Babel Scores will select some participant works to be included in their library online.
- From all the dossiers received, Vertixe Sonora Ensemble will select some participant works to be part of the concerts season 2016.
- From all the dossiers received, some already existent works will be chosen to be performed during Mixtur Festival 2016, this can be electroacustic, videoart or ensemble works that adjust to the following instrumentation: Fl./Picc./Fl.G, Cl./Cl.B, Vln and Vc.
- Enrolment includes free access to all Festival Mixtur activities and concerts.
- Will be able to aim for accommodation discounts suggested by Mixtur.
- WORKSHOP A: 160€
- WORKSHOP B: 160€
- WORKSHOP A or B (no preference): 150€
- WORKSHOP A and B: 230€
- AUDITING STUDENT (A and/or B): 60€