28/04 - 14:30h - CONCERT N.17
Fabra i Coats-Fàbrica de Creació
Magdalena Cerezo (Madrid)
- Kiste for piano and tape (2015/2016) of Benjamin Scheuer - 11’. *
- Microludis fractals of Ramón Humet - 7’.
Silvia Carolina Aguirre (Argentina)
- A little suite for Christmas (1979) of George Crumb - 13’.
- Polygons labyrinth (2014 ) of Matías Curiel 3'. *
Beatriz González (Castilla y León)
- Black Intention III (1977) of Maki Ishii - 9’.
- Ressonancies (2007) of David Padrós - 4’.
Maria Ivanovich (Serbia/Catalonia)
- Sobre la superficie del agua of César Camarero - 6’.
- NACH BACH (2004), selection of movements of Keiko Harada (1968) / first audition in Spain
- XV Hommage a Yumiko Meguri 2'.
- XXI Hommage a Brian Ferneyhough 1'.
- XVIII Hommage a Akira Miyoshi 2'.
- VI Hommage a Le Corbusier 2'.
Rodrigo Roces (Asturias)
- Nacht Klänge (1994) of Toshio Hokosawa - 8'.
- Selection of Voices and piano (2009) of Peter Ablinger:
- Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (Mutter Teresa) - 2'.
- Arnold Schönberg - 2'.
- Hans Eisler - 4'
*Participant at Composition and Sound Experimentation Workshop Mixtur 2018
Ricardo Descalzo has spent much of his time studying contemporary piano literature and, as a performer, trying to discover ways of how to share this fascination and present it to maximum effect. This dedication has garnered many different prizes at specialist international music competitions, such as: first prize at the “Xavier Montsalvatge” in Gerona, first prize at the “Valentino Bucchi” in Rome, second prize at the International Contemporary Music Competition in Sitges, third prize at the “Ettore Pozzoli” in Milan, three special prizes at the Orleans Competition and special prize for contemporary music at the ”José Iturbi” in Valencia and “Jaen International Piano Competition”.
He has also been awarded first prize at the international piano competitions of Ibiza and “Ciudad de San Sebastián”. He has been fortunate enough to have studied with some excellent piano teachers: Margarita Sitjes in Alicante, Alexander Hrisanide at the Sweelinck Conservatorium Amsterdam, Ana Guijarro at the Sevilla Conservatory and Josep Colom at the Alcalá de Henares University.
Over the years, he has played at many important concert venues such as the Lérida Auditorium, the Zaragoza Auditorium, the March Foundation in Madrid, the Palau de la Música and the Auditorium in Barcelona, the Carré Saint-Vincent in Orleans, the CNSM in Paris, the Palau de la Música in Valencia, the Manoel Theatre in Malta or the Benaroya Hall in Seattle. Apart from performing in these great halls, he has also played at many of the music world's most prestigious festivals, such as the International Festival in Ibiza, the "Quincena Musical" in San Sebastián, the Forfest Festival in the Czech Republic, the International Contemporary Music Festival in Alicante and the Ensems Festival in Valencia, and with the Barcelona Sinfonietta, the l'Empordá Chamber Orchestra, the Symphony Orchestra Ciutat d'Eix, the Grup Instrumental de Valencia and the Orleans Symphony Orchestra.
He has given many piano lessons at the "Conservatorio Superior de Murcia" and the "Conservatorio Profesional de Alicante". I'm currently professor of contemporary piano repertoire at San Sebastian's Musikene Conservatory in the Basque country.